Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Today I finished snapping the lines and working the ground. After that I took the plastic mask off and filled in the cut-out letters with charcoal. As you can see above, the charcoal smudged outside the contour of the letters. When I take the masking tape off, the letters should be crisp and precise. Next step is to spray the painting with varnish. Then I'll take off the masking tape and paint the shadows on the banner. Then I'll spray another coat of varnish on the painting. Then, I'll let it dry for a couple of days, roll the two canvasses onto tubes, and wait for Ty Art to pick them up next Friday.