Thursday, August 30, 2007

installation scheduled

I've not made a great deal of progress on the drawing but I have scheduled its installation for Friday, September 21st - about three weeks away. Ty Art, an art services company from town is going to handle the delivery and installation of the drawings. It's going to be a fairly labor-intensive process: I'll first have to roll the canvasses on 10"-12" diameter, 10' long tubes, then Ty Art will pick up and deliver them and the un-assembled stretcher bars to UH. Since the drawings will be installed at app. 18' off the ground, it will require scaffolding and ladders. Ty Art will stretch the canvasses in the commons area, then install them. As Christopher Tribble, co-founder of Ty Art, told me, it's doubtful a sheetrock wall will be perfectly flat across 13'(let alone 26'!). So I'm sure there will be some issues to work around. We're anticipating it will take a full day. First though, I need to finish the drawing. I hope to make some headway this weekend.

No comments: