Tuesday, August 7, 2007

progress


After a bit of a setback, I made some progress this evening. The setback was my realization that the initial banner I photographed and projected onto the canvas was scaled too small. I'd actually had the feeling since I'd drawn it that it was too small, but had tried to convince myself it was okay. Finally this weekend, I realized it wasn't going to work, so I reconfigured and re-photographed the banner, and tonight when I projected it onto the canvas, realized it was the right thing to do. It's curious that if I initially get the scale wrong, it's always under scaled rather than over scaled. Not sure what that's about. Fear?

I've drawn the banner on the left panel and begun taping it off with masking tape. Next I'll trim the tape to the contour of the banner with an Exacto knife.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to show the small one?

Anonymous said...

That would actually be the second time it was under scaled. You enlarged the image previously at the office in an approval phase.

Does this make you twice as fearful?

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.